Re: [Asrg] Point of information...

2003-06-20 16:02:39

On June 20, 2003 at 18:04 research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com (Yakov
Shafranovich) wrote:
I am not demanding a definition or a solution. I would like to help to
solve the problem just like everyone else. I do not think that anyone in
here means bad, everyone means well. What I would like to see is more
discussion of this topic from everyone including urself. Simply stating the
facts and demanding a legal solutions does not help. I would like to see a
technical discussion surrounding this approach and possible solutions.

Of course it helps, why wouldn't a more accurate problem description
help? You sure you got enough sleep last night?

And no one is "demanding" a legal solution.

But, speaking in general terms, even if we devise a technical means to
make an illegal activity difficult or impossible it's still worthwhile
noting that the underlying behavior is (willfully) illegal and not
just some sort of act of ignorance or a malfunction we are correcting.

Ultimately there would be those in legislative and law enforcement
venues who would value that opinion, from a technical perspective.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*