Re: [Asrg] Weird spam

2003-06-25 19:47:42
From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>

At 8:54 PM -0400 6/25/03, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
I received a very strange spam message, quoted below. Does anyone
know what these kind of messages accomplish?

Same as hoaxes and graffiti.  The knowledge of knowing that your
message is being seen by thousands of people.  That one's been around
for a while.  ALong with the guy looking for a time machine and a few
others.

Some commentators in NANAE claim that this guy is the same as the
time machine guy and that he's seriously distrubed.  See
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22unlimited+memory+backup%22+group%3A*.email

One more reason why the definition of "spam" should not include the
word "commercial".

Yes, but charity and political spam is more common and so better
examples outside the political and helping professions who, like
most people, insist "Spam is that which I don't do."