Re: [Asrg] Fwd: Major E-mail Delivery for FTC DNCR Launch

2003-06-26 15:49:40
From: Barry Shein <bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com>

 > This was sent to nanog earlier in the day. Asrg contributors would help
 > the (US jurisdiction) FTC's "Do Not Call" (phone spam) service roll-out
 > by letting Richard Callahan know how to keep the eventual AT&T GS mails
 > from being some systems' false-positive, and not delivered.

They're not paying me so why should I care?

Oh, don't tell me, he's decided he deserves a chunk of net subscriber
fees to subsidize the delivery. Get in line!

That's still nonsense.  Your customers are paying you, not AT&T or
other third parties (unless you are a "free" provider).  If your
customers don't want confirmation mail, whether from the FTC's DNC
machinery or some mailing list, then you should not accept it.  If
your customers don't pay you enough to deal with their email including
the FTC's DNC confirmations, then you should either raise your rates
or fire those customers that are too expensive to deal with.

..
Gak, he's even trying to get free advice on how to get millions of
dollars worth of free mailing reliably.

That is not at all what he asked.  He only asked how to avoid your
filters that you have installed at the behest of your customers so
that the mail that your customers are paying you to deliver is in
fact delivered to them.