Re: [Asrg] Consent Proposal

2003-06-26 18:10:34
At 12:43 AM 6/27/2003 +0100, Jon Kyme wrote:

> I would like to provide a generic proposal for consent-based system as
> per
> charter:

Point 1 is kindof axiomatic.
Point 6 is probably a "good thing".
2-5 are interesting if you believe that consent is limited to
cases where a receiver consents to any message from a listed (possibly
authenticated) sender. .

I don't believe that this adds up to what you claim.

There was some more fundamental (but probably premature)
discussion of "consent" early in the life this group.

The charter goes on and on about consent, however aside from Gordon's HTML blocking thread, there has been no discussion of that. If discussion of consent is premature at the moment, what should we be looking at right now? In general, what directions should the group be pursuing at the moment? As it appears rights now, there are mainly various discussions about everything under the sun, but no concrete sense of direction at all.

Yakov