Re: [Asrg] Consent Proposal

2003-06-28 08:16:16

6. Whitelists, graylists and blacklists are stored hashed or encrypted
to protect privacy.

  That may generate a misleading warm fuzzy feeling, but it's useless.
A traffic log of your emails will show what you accept/reject.

Walter, I've said this before, I'll say it again (no doubt) - There is an
important difference here: Traffic logs MAY preserve this information, and
of course many organisations (and many jurisdictions) have retention
policy. These anti-spam systems MUST preserve it (for some "long" time) and
so need to build-in provisions for security / privacy.