Re: [Asrg] Consent Proposal

2003-07-01 14:27:41
At 12:09 PM 7/1/2003 +0100, Danny Angus wrote:

> This raises an interesting issue for the group in general. If the current
> spam problem is not fixed, would there be a move to proprietary
> alternative
> email solutions such as this one?

Thats a very good question, I can see a two tier system developing with trusted transport being used where it is available and much less credence being given to mail arriving through the older mechanisms.

I'd like to think that a trust system could be added to ESMTP as a new verb and MTA's could take appropriate action, therfore as the new verb spreads in use more MTA's would begin to reject mail not sent using it.
[..]

This is similar to the system proposed by Walter Dnes a short time ago. HOWEVER, one specific question is what determines "trust" in a "trust system".

Yakov