Re: [Asrg] In case anyone thought Barry was exaggerating

2003-07-04 10:54:31
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org> wrote:
  One mindset I see too much of here is the search for *THE* solution to
spam.  I don't think it exists.

  I have supported this view in previous messages to the list.

My experience is with one such system.  I'm stating that it greatly
reduces spam, for me.  I think that end-user configurable blocking
is one weapon that should be included in the anti-spam arsenal.

  I understand, but it doesn't scale.

  Or, it works well once *other* methods have been used to reduce the
spam flood to an annoying trickle.

By the way, I am aware that Striker is *NOT* unique.

  I never claimed it was unique, just unusual, and a sign of the
future for most domains.

  My frustration with people saying it was "unusual" was the blind
denial that what is unusual for someone else today, will be the usual
case for them tomorrow.

Back in January, the Canadian
government released a discussion paper on email marketing.  See...
http://e-com.ic.gc.ca/english/strat/email_marketing.html

  Comments were invited, and I made a submission.  Here's an extract
from it...

  I was interviewed by people inside the government for the history of
Striker's problems, and that information was used as background for
further reports.

  Alan DeKok.