RE: [Asrg] 0. General - Group Direction

2003-07-08 04:27:43
I think that you hit on it with the understand, propose, and evaluate steps.
The use of three verbs was quite intentional.

Also, if you look at the ASRG Work Items list
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg-work-items.txt), you will notice that the
work items fall under these same three phases.

The understanding phase includes:
1. inventory of problems work
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-asrg-inventory-of-problems.txt)
2. the analysis and characterization work

The proposal phase includes:
Foundation:
3. requirements document
(https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg05084.htm
l)
4. the taxonomy
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-asrg-taxonomy-anti-spam-systems.txt)
5. identification of standardization requirements
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-spam-techconsider-02.txt)
x. consent framework document
(http://www.solidmatrix.com/research/asrg/asrg-consent-framework.html)
Proposals:
6. proposals of new solutions (lots of these; they just need to be revisited
in relationship with the req's, the evaluation model, and the consent
framework) We probably need to create a template for proposals.
7. best practices documents.

The evaluation phase includes:
8.a. creating an evaluation model
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-spam-techconsider-02.txt)
8.c. evaluation of the solutions (it seems to be more efficient to require
this as part of proposals)

If anyone has opinions about items that should be added to or removed from
this list, I would love to hear them.

After we receive some feedback here, I will publish a new list of work
items.