Re: [Asrg] 0.General - News Article - NYT Reports Porn Spam Hijacking Network

2003-07-16 10:11:44
C. Wegrzyn wrote:

Wouldn't the proposal by Mike only work with someone sending to a single site? I am confused as to how my SMTP can be throttled when I spurt emails to a number of MTAs? Is this something an ISP has to implement?

The assumption is that most users send mail through their ISP's MTA[s]. For users who run their own SMTP servers, clearly this would require much greater resources to implement, along with deceiving the user's SMTP server into thinking that mail has reached its destination host.

Philip Miller