Re: [Asrg] Proposal: MTA whitelisting using DNSbls

2003-07-28 19:54:47
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:36:36PM +0200, Markus Stumpf wrote
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:43:10AM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
   I'm not an expert on DNS, and I don't know how difficult the
following would be, but here goes...

Wouldn't it be easier to avoid the centralized concept and use a
decentralised like
  https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg06115.html
instead.

  No more centralized than today.  You can choose from BOFH DNSbls or
"kinder/gentler" DNSbls today.  My proposal is about enhancing DNSbl
functionality.  You should still be able to pick and choose amongst
several choices.

The biggest problem with your proposal I see in the process of
becoming "whitelisted".

  The ISP provides the list.  If a consumer ISP doesn't know what IP
addresses its MTAs are using, this is probably the least of their
problems.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;