Re: [Asrg] Proposal: MTA whitelisting using DNSbls

2003-07-29 12:34:51
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:53:01PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
  The ISP provides the list.  If a consumer ISP doesn't know what IP
addresses its MTAs are using, this is probably the least of their
problems.

So what are the rules to get added to the list?
With DNS*BL* it's easy. The IP fails the criterion of the DNSBL and is
added. It fixes the problems gets retested and removed.

But who is responsible for the centralized whitelisting DNSWL?
Will it be used as a pressure against some Mailservers? (We don't like
you, we don't like your content, we don't like your users?).

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299