Re: [Asrg] Trustic anti-spam system closes down because it doesn 't work

2003-08-05 18:10:36

Hallam-Baker, Phillip writes:
The moveon.org list is regularly blocked for this reason, fortunately it is
now large enough to be whitelisted in many places but a lot of sysadmins
with differing political views still block it using the blacklist entries as
an excuse.

Is it really, though?  As far as I know, there was an occurrence that
moveon's newsletter was being marked as spam by Razor -- but Razor has
a periodic problem of legit newsletters being marked, for quite a few
newsletters.

(BTW I actually subscribed to it after hearing about it from that
kerfuffle, so they also *gained* subscribers ;)

I'll bet that symantec is on plenty of blacklists because there are people
who sell pirated symantec products using spam at prices that are a fraction
of retail.

But I would doubt anyone sane is blocking Symantec themselves, same as
they're not blocking Pfizer ;)

--j.