Re: [Asrg] 2. the analysis and characterization work: great article on following the spam money

2003-08-10 13:10:31
Two interesting points that are raised by this article. First of all, the companies benefiting from spam are large US companies that are liable to legal measures. Second, the article has mentioned an importance of having an audit trail for each lead. Within the consent framework if the language for consent is standardized and the associated protocols are standards too, it would be very easy to write a program for any of these large companies to request the audit trail of a specific lead in the consent language format, and then analyze it by a computer. As of now, these companies have to analyze audit trails by hand and no one wants to spend extra money doing so unless compelled by law. If a computerized way to do so is available, then it would make things much easier.

Yakov