Re: spammer economics; was: RE: [Asrg] hiring challenge responders

2003-08-13 15:05:37
Bob Atkinson wrote:

While I readily and heartily agree that the more concrete the data the
better, the diversity and global scope of the interviews I've seen
(e.g.: some from New Zealand, some from Korea, in addition to several US
sources) and the specifics of the spammers' quotes therein make it
difficult to hold as plausible the scenario that the reporters are
cribbing from each other.

I think the spammers are cribbing from each other, and relatively little of it bears any resemblance to reality.

Such as when Ronald Scelson or Jef Slaton said how much they were making. They are/were in reality both in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings. Canter was evading process servers, and trying to get a programming job.

All of the marketers at the FTC spam panel said "we don't do X" (where X was one or more of spamming, forgeries, porn etc.). Many of them were lying through their teeth.

Betterly was saying "we only send stuff to people who asked for it".
How come we got just as many complaints about her stuff as we got from Stubberfield's horse porn? (quiet you! ;-)