Re: [Asrg] 4. Consent Framework - General

2003-08-28 23:47:17
The "Choicelist Database Query Protocol" you refer to at:
  http://www.choicelist.com/Personal.html

... would be a kind of consent protocol as defined in section 2.5
of the ASRG framework.

Choicelist could be one of the implementation options available
in a standard framework, or else could become part of the
standard. If it is as powerful as you suggest then perhaps the
work on XML-CPDL ought to define standard test(s) for checking the
Choicelist status of a sender.

I didn't actually catch the big picture the first time i read this.
I agree, the lookups in the Choicelist database could be used by anyone. They could even be incorporated into other systems. I just want to see a system that works whether it's mine or not.

I should have a box up in the next few weeks serving rudimentary data.
When I get it going i'll describe the simple non miroring protocol in detail.
hopefully I'll have a simple web interface going as well.

John Fenley