Re: [Asrg] 7. Best Practices - DNSBLs - Article

2003-09-08 13:26:18
On 2003-09-08 20:43:30 +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
At 1:09 PM -0400 2003/09/08, Chris Lewis wrote:

I'm not the sender, only the recipient.  So, I couldn't be in
violation of such a rule.

      Anyone who retransmits within the thirty minute timeframe, for
any reason, gets lambasted.

You mean during the "blacklist" time? The sender just gets another
4xx reply and will retry later. At one of the next queue runs it will
hit the "greylist" window and the mail will get through and be entered
into the whitelist.

I'm more worried about senders with multiple outgoing MXs. I've
already[0] observed one mail which took about 16 hours to be accepted,
because the IP adresses of the sender changed apparently at random, so
greylist entries expired several times until it managed to hit the
greylist window with the same sender IP.

        hp

[0] 2 weeks on a box with only a few mailing lists and no real users.
Maybe a few dozen incoming mails per day.

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Humor ohne Emoticons ist trockener Humor.
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       |
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |