RE: [Asrg] 7a: To consent, or not to consent

2003-09-19 18:37:39
Yes, we can take a subset of consent-based delivery and implement
it...and then let it evolve.  We need a small..initial success that's
extensible.

We could start with something like CRI...and then build on it.  We don't
need to paint a Mona Lisa.  We just need something that will
a) work
b) work quickly

though we don't need something that catches like wildfire...just a small
success.

  The first choice involves re-designing the Internet from scratch (by
some accounts), and will cost billions of dollars, and take decades to
implement.  The second choice involves keeping the status quo, in
which case we've decided to NOT fight spammers, and ASRG should
therefore be disbanded.

  I sincerely hope there are other alternatives.

  Alan DeKok.