Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - RMX-like implementation via rDNS

2003-09-24 13:04:30
Claus Assmann wrote:

Is there any chance that the authors of the varies "RMX" proposals
work together on a common draft that at least defines the entries
in DNS and their semantics?

I want to add support for this into a common MTA, but I don't want
to deal with many different kinds of DNS entries. I prefer a solution
that doesn't require changes to DNS servers/resolvers, i.e., which
uses existing RRs (like DRIP does) and which minimizes the number
of required DNS lookups.

Unfortunatly, some of the proposal authors are not longer present. If someone wants to go through the mailing list and put together a list of proposals and authors, I will contact them.

Additionally, as mentioned before, we need to work on the foundational documents first, before proposals. The requirements document, technical considerations, inventory of problems, and consent framework all need volunteers and review. Please step forward people!

Yakov