Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - RMX-like implementation via rDNS

2003-09-26 08:10:58
As I mentioned in my other post, someone needs to at least figure out how many of these proposals are there, and compile a list of authors.

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:

I agree with Claus.

SPAM is a very serious problem and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Final work from ASRG may take some long time.

It could be interesting to have some kind of solution working soon.

RMX seems to solve many problems and drastically reduce spam without changing too much existing standards. So, it can be deployed in less time than others.

As long as SPAM is nowadays a very serious problem, some easy to implement solution may be widely adopted and deployed faster than usually does others solutions and standards.

If this hurts the idea that a project needs to be conducted with rigour, we can also say that an immediate solution to the spam problem, maybe intermediate, must be put into practice soon.

Regards

Jose-Marcio

Claus Assmann wrote:

Is there any chance that the authors of the varies "RMX" proposals
work together on a common draft that at least defines the entries
in DNS and their semantics?

I want to add support for this into a common MTA, but I don't want
to deal with many different kinds of DNS entries. I prefer a solution
that doesn't require changes to DNS servers/resolvers, i.e., which
uses existing RRs (like DRIP does) and which minimizes the number
of required DNS lookups.