Re: 6. Proposals - Sender Verification (was Re: [Asrg] Simple way to verify sender, track mail abusers)

2003-09-28 22:45:31
david nicol wrote:
On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 19:32, Dennis Gearon wrote:

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:

Fourth, take a look at the CRI proposal:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-cri-00.txt

Actually, my idea, I believe, takes care of most of the problems with the Level 2 CRI system. I will think about it for awhile.

When is CRI 01 due?  Who is maintaining it (I nominate Eric Dean)?
It has been pointed out that body hashing would make CRI level-2
work, and this was AIUI generally agreed-to.  Yet a revised CRI
document has not yet appeared.

Hi David,

The point person on the CRI proposal is Eric Dean. HOWEVER, there are areas where the CRI proposals crosses over into the consent framework, and it will hopefully evolve into a general consent token exchange protocol within that framework. The CRI proposal allows for other token types except "plain" as an extension to the protocol, and hashes can be used for that. If you would like to participate in the CRI proposal, contact Eric and myself off-list.

Yakov