Re: 3. Requirements - Anonimity (was Re: FW: [Asrg] 0. General)

2003-10-27 12:30:23
My point to all of this is that the sender's identity plays no role with
statistical-based filters, other than treating the From field as another
token in the mix...therefore ignoring the sender's identity in the
scheme of anonymity should be an acceptable part of this spec, otherwise
you're eliminating the most effective filters available today.

You seem to be reading my text as "Filter developers don't have a
philosophy", rather than my intended "Don't make guesses about filter
developers' philosophy based on the environment they are working
within."

You do realize you're telling a filter developer not to make guesses
about filter developers, right? =)

I searched Paul's site for 'anonymity' and 'anonymous'. Nothing related
to email was found - only one reference to 'anonymous functions', in an
article about programming.

Paul discusses the importance of content and the unimportance of
anything else (such as the sender), whitelists, etc.  That's kind of my
point - anonymity is irrelevant to these filters...which is why they
didn't break when sitefinder was turned on briefly, causing all domains
to return as "existing"