Re: 3. Requirements - Anonimity (was Re: FW: [Asrg] 0. General)

2003-10-27 16:05:24

My belief is that a mail server should deliver mail - just as a router
routes packets.  Leave it to bolt-on solutions to manage
consent-policies.  Even if you write the best consent policy requirement
in the world, it's not going to win over a majority of users because
admins want to run what works for them.  This doesn't belong in a
standard for SMTP, IMO.

My MTA enforces tons of policy about what mail it should transport. This
seems perfectly sensible - it doesn't promiscuously transport all mail to
anywhere. I'd like my users to have their individual policies enforced at
our organisational boundary. Why am I wrong?