[Asrg] Re: 2a. Analysis - Changed patterns in spamming?

2003-11-06 12:19:34
I took this up around Oct. 15, but never got any response at that time.

While looking at some statistics in my incoming spam, I noticed that the ca 50% of korean spams I had for the last 1.5 year have dropped to nearly zero around Oct. 1. All .kr domains is gone and the asian spam I see is from non asian domains.

Question is if the new spam laws in Korea have had an effect or if I just see the result of filtering on some trunk line between Europe and Korea?

For if this is a global effect, koreans stopped spamming (ok, ok, but it is soon Fathers Day, and this would be better than the tie I never use ;-), the antispam community have to consider the impact of legal actions, with the new EU law getting in place, definitively marking NA/SA spammers as the main culprits.

If not and it is just a local effect, which ISP installed this effective filter and how many countries are affected? Might mean that trunk line filtering should be considered.

Kurt Magnusson