Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - DNS-Based - LMAP

2003-11-17 16:14:37
Mark Baugher wrote:
At 01:23 PM 11/17/2003, Alan DeKok wrote:

"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:
> LMAP is clearly not going to eliminate all spam, why is it important then? > The answer is that it will eliminate the worst types of spam, impersonation
> spam.

  I'm starting work on an SMTP evaluation document.  It will discuss
why spam is worse in SMTP than any other protocol.

Which protocols are you comparing it to?

Mark

The following are probably the most important to compare to:
NNTP
instant messaging (ICQ, AOL, MSN, YHO, etc.)
cell-phone 'texting'

Did I miss any that are crucial?

--
Philip Miller