Re: [Asrg] Re: 0. General - Spam survey

2003-11-22 12:34:40
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fridrik Skulason" <frisk(_at_)f-prot(_dot_)com>
   "... from a company you do not recognize.  You have had a business
transaction
    with them in the past."

This is somewhat confusing.   If I remembered that had a business
transaction
with them in the past then I would by definition recognize the company,
which
kind-of invalidates the question, unless the implicit assumption is that I
have
had a transaction with them, but do not remember doing so, which again
brings
up the issue of whether the definition of spam depends on the quality of
the
memory of the recipient.

That's a good point but the company could have changed its name or been
involved in a merger.  You might have done business with AT&T Broadband but
not recognize Comcast; so, Comcast knows you (and probably "acquired" your
consent) but you do not know Comcast.

-Dave