Re: [Asrg] Re: 0. General - Spam survey

2003-11-22 13:52:25
Richard Welty wrote:

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:32:07 -0800 Dave Atherton
<list(_at_)flowerdog(_dot_)com> wrote:
That's a good point but the company could have changed its name or been
involved in a merger.  You might have done business with AT&T Broadband but
not recognize Comcast; so, Comcast knows you (and probably "acquired" your
consent) but you do not know Comcast.

or to give an example that is very current:

when i purchased my Handspring Visor, i decided to let them send me their
newsletter. this is a case where i clearly consented to receive their marketing
info.

Hanspring recently merged with Palm. fortunately, they did a good job of letting
folks know, so i was not suprised when i started getting the Palm equivalent
of the old Handspring newsletter, but if i'd been asleep at the switch, or if
they'd
done a lesser job of notification, i might think think otherwise.

richard
If it was token based, and address specific, they would have to ask you to get in your 'gate' :-)