[Asrg] Re: 0. General - Spam survey

2003-11-22 03:24:31
I started taking this survey, but stopped after a few questions.  One reason
being
the point about whether I *remember* providing information, which is the same
issue
as another poster mentioned.   The second problem involved questions like this
one:

   "... from a company you do not recognize.  You have had a business
transaction
    with them in the past."

This is somewhat confusing.   If I remembered that had a business transaction
with them in the past then I would by definition recognize the company, which
kind-of invalidates the question, unless the implicit assumption is that I have
had a transaction with them, but do not remember doing so, which again brings
up the issue of whether the definition of spam depends on the quality of the
memory of the recipient.  I do not think so, and I consider questions like this
to make the survey somewhat pointless.

--
Fridrik Skulason   Frisk Software International   phone: +354-540-7400
Author of F-PROT   E-mail: frisk(_at_)f-prot(_dot_)com       fax: