Re: RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - US Congress to vote on federal anti-spam bill

2003-11-22 13:28:26

Can anyone tell me what good a US law will be in stoping a SPAM sender
who
is say in sweeden that sends fake headers to a mail server in korea and
then
to a mail server in say russia and then to the usa?
If the email can not be traced back to the sender ..... And crosses 2 or
more international borders in the process then who do you go after? At
what
cost? In which contry? Based on who's legal system?

I don't know about you Danny, but most of the spam I receive advertises
products or services from the USA. Most of it *seems* to originate in the
USA. I can't believe that it's beyond the wit of man to track down and
prosecute the criminals (as they'll be) in these cases. Rokso
( http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/ ) seem to do fairly well.

To quote an old Issac Asimov book title: "Against stupidity, the gods
themselves contend in vain."

That's Schiller, I think. Asimov was quoting.