Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

2003-11-28 13:35:31

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yakov Shafranovich" <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

Here is the illustration of why this method DOES NOT work:

http://www.winserver.com/public/code/html-wcsap?&xml=1&from=junkuser_from_the_asrg_list_sometime_ago(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com

This doesn't mean it DOES NOT work. It does work.   It has pruned a majority
of the false entries. Let me check my personal mail today......  3 out of
over 929 attempts got in since going to bed this morning and getting up now.
That is a 99.7% success rate!

Note that junkuser_from_the_asrg_list_sometime_ago(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
surely does
not exist. Nevertheless, Yahoo answers "250" to all RCPT TOs in order to
avoid harvesting.

YAHOO.COM,  AOL.OCM and others accepts "billions" of mail therefore might
deem it necessary to delay any mail validation process.  Again, it does not
mean it doesn't work.    It means, these guys are the PROBLEM, but anyone in
the mail server business knows that.   You are comparing it against the
AOL.COM, YAHOO.COM, etc.  Yet, in the same breath,  I read how these guys
are trying to define or hijack your efforts.

---
Hector Santos
WINSERVER "Wildcat! Interactive Net Server"
support: http://www.winserver.com
sales: http://www.santronics.com