Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

2003-11-28 13:41:25
Hector Santos wrote:
YAHOO.COM,  AOL.OCM and others accepts "billions" of mail therefore might
deem it necessary to delay any mail validation process.  Again, it does not
mean it doesn't work.    It means, these guys are the PROBLEM, but anyone in
the mail server business knows that.   You are comparing it against the
AOL.COM, YAHOO.COM, etc.  Yet, in the same breath,  I read how these guys
are trying to define or hijack your efforts.

There is a reason to their madness - it discourages spammers from harvesting email addresses. Also, nothing prevents the spammers from doing the same thing for their domains.

As for their "hijacking efforts", we are in touch with them about it.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"And this too shall come to pass"
-------