Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

2003-11-30 00:28:35
Hector Santos wrote:
From: "Yakov Shafranovich" <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>
[..]
ALSO, please do not take my comments as an attack on your approach,
rather I think that what is missing here, is the fact that your approach
is not 100% compliant with the standards.

I don't think you are correct.   Everything I do is 100% compliant.
Everything else you stated is not worth even acknowledging.  Its nonsense.

You're are expecting the sender's system to operate a valid MTA that is connected to the Internet at the time of the incoming SMTP transaction from the sender and responds to an RCPT TO command for that sender. This is not a requirement in any current standard.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton)
-------