Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

2003-11-30 01:51:27

You're are expecting the sender's system to operate a valid MTA that is
connected to the Internet at the time of the incoming SMTP transaction
from the sender and responds to an RCPT TO command for that sender. This
is not a requirement in any current standard.

I believe I already mention that WCSAP issues a 4xx code for down
connections.

If the remote MTA is down, a 4xx code is provide which tells the sender to
TRY again later.  If he is not following this, then the sender is
non-compliant.

---
Hector Santos
WINSERVER "Wildcat! Interactive Net Server"
support: http://www.winserver.com
sales: http://www.santronics.com