Re: [Asrg] 0. General - anti-harvesting (was Inquiry about CallerID Verification)

2003-11-30 12:38:23

----- Original Message -----
From: "Claus Assmann" <ca+asrg(_at_)esmtp(_dot_)org>
To: "ASRG" <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 0. General - anti-harvesting (was Inquiry about CallerID
Verification)

What about systems that are temporarily offline? Do you want to get
rid of queueing?  Reminds me of the X.500 mailsystem we had: "the
system is currently unavailable, try again later" whenever it
encountered a problem... requiring the user to do the queueing (and
retrying) is a really bad idea.

Claus,

Queuing design is par for the course.  All software need to be queue ready
and all of them (worth their salt) are.  Otherwise you do expect the target
to be online at the time, which is unrealistic.  Also, it may not be that
its down, but maybe reached capacity.

Hector Santos
WINSERVER "Wildcat! Interactive Net Server"
support: http://www.winserver.com
sales: http://www.santronics.com