[Asrg] Re: 1a. Inventory of Problems - Third party submit (was Spoofed mail addresses)

2004-02-07 05:15:58
Brett Watson wrote:
So let us assume that Chris is NOT authorised to share his mail-sending authority with third parties. Acting on Chris' request, Aardvarks.example.com finds itself unable to send mail to Bob, because Bob's mail policies reject mail from unknown parties. What can Aardvarks do about this? One possibility is to mail the article to Chris instead, saying, "we were unable to deliver this article to Bob as you requested. Please forward it to him with our compliments, and suggest that he add Aardvarks to his mail white-list if he wishes to receive forwarded articles from us more conveniently in future."

There is an additional possibility. Aardvarks is like a MUA. Chris compose (select) the message what he wants to send to Bob. Aardvarks submit the message as the MUA of Chris.

z2