Re: [Asrg] Sendmail CEO Backs Yahoo DK and MS CID

2004-03-02 12:25:17
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:
The reporting issues need not be spam related

DDoS is a big enough issue here to justify a notification mechanism.

  If anyone who disagrees, please post the IP of their main MTA on
this list.  I'll point the MX for my "death by spam" domain to it.

  The best-case scenario is then that you block port 25 or shut the
machine down.  But your routers will still be dealing with ~100 TCP
SYN's a second to port 25 from 10's of 1000's of IP's.

  If that's not a DDoS, I don't know what is.

If there is a hijacked machine on the net then the ISP resonsible needs
to know ASAP.

  Or, everyone else needs to know, so that they can block the machine
if the ISP won't.

  Alan DeKok.