Re: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-03-02 20:12:08
Andreas Saurwein <saurwein(_at_)uniwares(_dot_)com> wrote:
At 4/2/2004 01:27 Wednesday, Seth wrote:

That can always be done by selecting a different ISP.  Therefore, any
problem is self-limiting.

Not always you have to choice of ISP. There are still lots of places where
you have to be thankful that you HAVE internet access.

If I can run ssh on my own computer, I can use my chosen ISP.  I
haven't dialed in to Panix this century.

Would you also want to limit the ability of a church that provides
email accounts for its members to limit the ability of opposing
religions to send mail to its members?

Yes

Why won't you let the owner of the equipment decide how it may be
used?

Would you also want to limit the ability of a company to limit the
ability of headhunters to solicit its employees?

Again Yes.
Thats what we call "policy". As a member or employee you accept the policy
or you go somewhere else.

So why are you _limiting_ the ability of the company?  You mean the
company has to allow the employees to do whatever they want, and just
fire them if it doesn't like it?

Seth