Re: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-03-03 12:19:34
Andreas Saurwein <saurwein(_at_)uniwares(_dot_)com> wrote:
If I can run ssh on my own computer, I can use my chosen ISP.  I
haven't dialed in to Panix this century.

How many average users you'll find able to use ssh?

  This is not an argument.  Those users are using MUAs.  The authors
of those MUAs can do the work, and add a checkbox that the idiot users
can use.

  And yes, we already know that solving the spam problem may require
software upgrades.  Saying that there will be cost and time to deploy
updated software isn't a useful argument, either.  If there is
sufficient incentive to upgrade, people will do so.

  And we already know that people who won't upgrade won't be doing
anything to help solve the spam problem.  We can ignore any arguments
about their needs, as they've already made their choice to accept the
current situation.

  Alan DeKok.