Re: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-03-03 08:18:06
At 3/3/2004 00:01 Wednesday, Seth Breidbart wrote:
Andreas Saurwein <saurwein(_at_)uniwares(_dot_)com> wrote:
> At 4/2/2004 01:27 Wednesday, Seth wrote:

>>That can always be done by selecting a different ISP.  Therefore, any
>>problem is self-limiting.
>
> Not always you have to choice of ISP. There are still lots of places where
> you have to be thankful that you HAVE internet access.

If I can run ssh on my own computer, I can use my chosen ISP.  I
haven't dialed in to Panix this century.

How many average users you'll find able to use ssh? Forget for a moment that there are some people (about 0.01% of the internet users?) who know what the heck they are doing.

>>Would you also want to limit the ability of a company to limit the
>>ability of headhunters to solicit its employees?
>
> Again Yes.
> Thats what we call "policy". As a member or employee you accept the policy
> or you go somewhere else.

So why are you _limiting_ the ability of the company?  You mean the
company has to allow the employees to do whatever they want, and just
fire them if it doesn't like it?

Quite the other way round: the company sets the policy and the employees have to accept it, if they dont like it, they are free to go.
So, where is that limiting?

Andreas