Re: [Asrg] Update on Querying IADB

2004-03-18 10:50:54

Anne's proposal strikes me as trying to use the A record to do far too much. Once you start to try to move that amount of data it would be better to move
to using the TXT record or get a whole new RR defined. As long as the
overall record is shorter than 512 bytes there is no impact on performance.

I'm not here to debate merits (and certainly not to argue :-) ); I do just want to point out that first, the codes that IADB uses are not a 'proposal' - this is an active, live accreditation database, presently online, and being used to help ISPs and spam filters make email acceptance, delivery, and processing decisions for more than 30million email boxes, and the number is growing every day.

Second, the proposal which *is* on the table is not ISIPP's, and certainly not mine. :-) It is Craig Hughes'.

Anne