Re: [Asrg] Update on Querying IADB

2004-03-30 16:09:21
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:57:06PM -0800, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:

Actually the codes we use are a subset of the proposed standardized
codeset we developed with Craig Hughes (SpamAssassin) (Craig actually
did the initial development, with after-input from us, and tweaking a
bit for the needs of ISPs, from whom we also had input).  We worked
very closely with Craig as well as the ISP community because we wanted
to be sure to provide a product which was completely useful,

Curious: which ISPs, and what community?  We're listed in the EDDB and
I would have welcomed the opportunity to at least comment; I'm also on
a lot of ISP-related lists and did not notice any requests for input.
That's not all that much of a complaint as much as it is a question
(because I predict you did indeed have a reasonable set of sources):
but I really would like to know what ISP sources you turned to and how
you identified this community.

BTW I just browsed the "query signup" form and it suffers from one
of the things I have remarked to you about before.  There's a
single choice of classification:  "I am representing: " [pick one].
I suspect there are a lot of organizations who (like us) fall into
multiple categories.  My brain freezes when trying to pick one.

-mm-