Re: [Asrg] 2. Legal - FTC approves label for sexually-explicit spam

2004-04-14 20:45:48
Isn't that like saying from here on packets of heroin must have a
label "may cause drowsiness"?

Yes.

Are the people at the FTC really that clueless as to word a notice on
their site like that?

The FTC staff has clues out the wazoo.  Unfortunately our Elected
Legislators passed the CAN SPAM act in which one of the inane sections
tells the FTC to define a tag for porn spam, and FTC employees do not
remain employed by failing to do what their bosses tell them to.

That's it, the govt has yielded the whole goddamned net to criminals.
I know Bush hates the internet but this is getting out of hand.

Based on my conversation with him at a spyware hearing last month, I'd
place a lot of responsibility on Senator Burns who still thinks that
CAN SPAM is a fine piece of legislation.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com