Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-00

2004-05-04 20:21:34
Matthew Elvey wrote:

You say BLs (including RHSBLs, yes?) must not be anonymous, but provide no counterargument to my and others arguments for anonymity.

We're not arguing against (nor does the BCP) anonymity. Just saying that there should be a non-public contact mechanism. I'll amplify that in a reply to the comment about spews tomorrow morning.

Perhaps the draft would benefit from a section pointing out that BL maintainers are merely expressing an opinion, and it is their absolute right to do so free of legal encumberance, and in violation of the BCP, but that by heeding the BCP they may gain the trust of their users.

This'd probably be a good idea for the introduction.