Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-00

2004-05-04 11:23:26
Seth Breidbart wrote:

Chris Lewis wrote:

I don't think BCP'ing a requirement that ISPs permit their users choice as to which BL to use is practical, desirable or even useful.

I think that is the best commercial practice; however, it's for ISPs,
not the lists themselves.  Is there any way that a list can either aid
or prevent an ISP if the ISP wishes (not) to provide such granularity?
I think the point is moot wrt lists.

Exactly. This BCP is about lists, not list users, yet, this BCP is intended to give the information that an ISP or user would want to know in order to make informed choices if such granularity was available, or even if it wasn't.

Indeed, such a BCP would be a complete waste of time for _us_, because our users (employees) don't get that option by policy.

You're a company, not an ISP.  (Even an ISP's practies wrt its
employees might well differ from those wrt its customers.)

That's why I said that ;-)