Re: [Asrg] Re: 6 - Yahoo Domain Keys

2004-05-19 21:05:41
Has anyone created a functioning BL of domain registrars, rather than
domains?

I doubt it, if only because it is hard to tell when the same registrar
is used across TLDs.  Some TLDs have no whois servers at all (or at
least if they do, whois.iana.org doesn't show them, which amounts to
the same thing); others have them but don't report registrar identity
in any useful form (and have proven totally impervious to requests that
this be fixed - .biz, .org, and .info come to mind as the most notable
offenders in my experience).  Is "R17-LROR" the same registrar as
"ENOM, INC." (to pick the two handiest examples)?  I don't know and I
don't see any way to find out, short of filing a lawsuit so as to
invoke discovery powers.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca