[ASRG] 0 - General, Reliability of Transport

2004-05-22 19:03:50

Is there a mention in our Charter about the *reliability of transport*?

From what I have seen over the months there is two camps within this group

1/ Those that believe Spam should be stopped at any cost
2/ Those that believe Spam should be countered but not at the expense of
losing possibly important messages

I am quite solidly in the second group (am I alone).

It seems to me that this is a paramount consideration. and this group should
support one or the other to the exclusion of the other. As I see it as a
major sticking point amongst proponents.

As a mail user I want to see a message that I send reach its destination
without wondering if it ever made it because I somehow triggered a spam
filter.

This should include that any system must have a suitable reporting system
(bounce) so that I am made aware of any errors in transit. This reporting
system must of course not be useable by spammers to probe the filter to
break it. Which I understand is a major risk.

Regards
Chris