Re: [Asrg] SPF is only useful to dupe the ignorant...

2004-09-10 14:36:21
Barry Shein <bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com>:
Spammers no longer use static domains, and they haven't for years.

That's right.  They joe-job my domain instead, and I get over a
thousand bogus bounces a day.  If SPF deployment does nothing but stop
that (which it can), it's a win.  Meng has picked this piece of the
problem and is addressing it effectively.

Zombie nets are a different problem to be solved with different methods.
That will require taking down Microsoft and obsolescing Windows.  I'm working
on that part.

Meanwhile, you're not an idiot, Please do us all a favor and stop imitating
one so effectively.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way.