RE: [Asrg] Re: Disaster looming: SPF

2004-12-07 17:25:49

From: Barry Shein [mailto:bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com]

On December 7, 2004 at 10:39 pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com
(Hallam-Baker, Phillip) wrote:  > The point about
authentication is not that it will stop spam but that  >
providing an authentication mechanism is a pre-condition for
deployment of  > any scheme that moves beyond content
filtering and blacklists.

My point is that I think there needs to be a lot of flesh put
on that bone, otherwise it's like a salesman's pitch, ``it'll
do all these great things for you -- you're not against great
things are you???'' (generic 'you').

Same idea that I have been selling for three years now: accountability.