RE: [Asrg] GNT..Call for contributors to develop `pay perfraudulantmessage` I-D, code

2004-12-29 04:26:57
I have a very rough proposal - GNT (short for "Give And Take" )

What if The money involved(or some part of it) circulates among the
senders and receivers.
- X gets an account with some initial amount.
- X sends a mail to Y and a fixed amount from her acccount is transferred
to Y's account(whole or part of it and the other part goes to the
provider, whatever is suitable) through some secure transaction.

- If X is a spammer she will eventually run out of money and will have to
pay her provider again (for sending mails).(Assuming we use some sort of
SMTP extension or some other mechanism for authenticating X's account)

- If Y replies to X's mail the same transaction happens the other way round.

 So, if I am a normal user I am not likely to run out of money in my
account because i'll be sending as well as receiving mails. If there is
some deduction in my account but i know i didn't send any mails then it's
most likely that my machine is infected(assuming there is no way to
prevent zombies from sending authenticated mail ).

And I would love to be spammed because that will only increase the amount
of money in my account.

 I think This concept combined with Amir Herzberg's SICS protocol would be
an effective solution.

I thought of this idea today so didn't get much time to think over it in
detail but I see some potential.

let me know ur views

Regards,
Aseem Jakhar