[Asrg] (no subject)

2004-12-28 21:23:25

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Devdas Bhagat
..
No ... spam is subjective.  Formaly deciding what is or is
not spam is
the wrong way to proceed.

The objective definition of spam is Unsolicited Bulk Messaging.
Spam is not about content, it's about consent.

So what?  The consent depends on the content and the originator.
There is nothing else to measure or examine.

And you trust the creator on what basis? We already have
spammers spoofing headers, so can you tell me why they will
not spoof the tags?

My post clearly listed digital signatures as a mechanism.

One rather well known way of tagging the message is to use
GPG/PGP or S/MIME signatures.
If the signature validates, you know the mail came from
someone with access to the private key, presumably the owner
of the key.

We all know how well that is working out.

So what... I was not describing PGP or S/MIME.

Do you have a useful contribution to make by these comments?

Paul