Re: [Asrg] Spam Ecomomics

2004-12-31 10:19:03
Hannigan, Martin wrote:
To be honest with you, I don't know the answer to that.

My personal experience has been far more text spam than app spam. As you
know, trojans are shipped over port 80 as well. I'm hit here more often than
not. The reinfection mechanisms are usually not smtp but ms exploits on
445/139 etc and are scanned and found using a variety of techniques
including http, icmp, and rpc.

That's a hard, but worthy, question.

Indeed. The problem is not just port 25, as a nice guy wrote here about a month ago.

It varies, but in my *personal* experience (so don't take my word on it, check yoru own data) the combination of spyware, worms (and other malware) and spam consists of between 50 and 80 per cent of an ISP's traffic.

This is an epidemic. Not "viruses". Someone needs to go out and say it.

        Gadi.